Tuesday 29 March 2011

Homage with Cheese

When I was a boy I would spend time at the weekend doing DIY with my Dad.  We might be fixing fence panels, digging the allotment, constructing flat pack furniture... or I might just be passing him tools while he fixed the car or the boiler.

He'd quietly disappear for 5 or 10 minutes at mid-morning, then reappear with two plates of the most perfectly constructed cheese sandwiches.  Just the most basic and unfussy cheese sandwich.  Everything about it was perfect and each one seemed like a gift.

Dad seemed to treat the sandwich simply as fuel, and would have it polished off in about three mouthfuls. 
I'll have to get him around here for a morning of DIY.

For display purposes, only.  This sandiwch bears no resemblence to the sandwich described above.

No comments:

Post a Comment